Our Programme - Sampoorna
- Outreach interventions are successful in breaking through the initial barriers and in creating a base for regular sensitization. The young boys (adolescent male sex workers) are now sensitized about personal and sexual health.
- The genuine concern about their welfare, and guidance is enabling the young male sex workers to develop a gradual but growing interest in their own self-development.
- Many indicate an interest in leading life with dignity and self-esteem, and to be economically self-reliant through training or learning based livelihood opportunities.
- Boys from the rural and peri-urban areas have been sensitized about the dangers of trafficking thus protecting them from falling prey to the promises of traffickers and pimps.
- Young boys have been identified at locations where sex work is rampant such as railway stations, bus stops, public urinals, small hotels etc.
- Counseling sessions with identified sexually exploited young boys.
- Availing treatment for STI/HIV respectively.
- Young boys have been placed in alternate work areas after vocational skills training.
- Children have been integrated with their families.