In accordance to its mission to provide holistic rehabilitation to its beneficiaries, Agni Raksha is implementing various activities leading towards the socio-economic empowerment of burn victims, many of whom are completely illiterate and un-skilled women from the poorest of the poor. It is providing them with training in income generating skills, sanctioning soft loans for micro enterprises and also making utility items for sale in apartment sales and corporate exhibitions. Some of the planned interventions are as follows:
- Membership and formation of self help groups whereby members are sensitized about the importance of savings.
- Capacity building sessions on financial management of the SHGs.
- Training in vocational skills and loans for income generating activities. This is done through in-house training programmes as well as through referrals to external vocational training centers.
- Granting small term loans to women burn victims
- Formation of new self help groups
- Community based income generation programmes and capacity building programmes
- Occupational counseling
- Training in income generation programmes through referrals and office based workshops.
- Loans for starting micro credit enterprises (sarees and textile sales, refreshment shops, fruits and vegetable vending)
- Taking corporate orders