Agni Raksha facilitates free surgeries for poor burn victims (skin grafting, re-construction and releaser surgeries). In addition, there is provision for a 15 bed residential centre (Safe Haven) for post surgical care and acute care, a bi-weekly OPD (Out Patient Department), regular dressings and physiotherapy for the burn victims.
Agni Raksha's strength lies in looking beyond medical treatment of a burn victim and working for his or her holistic rehabilitation and integration. Agni Raksha believes that motivation and encouragement, in addition to providing opportunities in income generating activities for socio-economic support, help the burn victim to overcome the trauma of any burns incident.
- Identification of burn victims
- Counseling of burn victims and their families about treatment
- Providing timely medical care which includes acute care and surgeries, burns dressings, physiotherapy, and home based care
- Providing socio-economic rehabilitation through vocational trainings, savings and credit by membership in Self Help Groups
- De-addiction counseling and referrals
- Awareness programmes in schools, colleges, urban poor communities and rural communities
- Advocacy and networking with key stakeholders